Millet is very deficient in many nutrients that parakeets need, so giving them a lot is making most of their diet this seed. As we know millets are highly nutritious and rich in nutrients.
- Millets are highly nutritious. They are rich in Magnesium, Phosphorous, and Calcium.
- It is a healthy and palatable treat for the birds.
- It is low in fat and high in good carbohydrates.
- It contains high fiber so that it is easily digestible.
- Millets are weaning food for the small birds.
- The texture of millets grains is appealing for birds.
- Millets are alkaline which counteracts the acids in birds.
- Millets build the immune system in birds.
- It acts as a natural stress reliever for birds.
- It supplies essential vitamins like B1, B2, B3, and B6.